USAID Bangladesh in partnership Dhaka Chamber of Commerce DCCI (DCCI) is arranging a photo contest titled ‘Celebrating Flowers’ for all Bangladeshi photographers. The winning photos will be displayed in the DCCI Presents International Flower Exhibition & Conference 2018 from December 06-07, 2018 at Bangabandhu International Conference Center (BICC).
People from all backgrounds, levels of experience, age, and gender are welcome to apply.
How to submit your photographs:
1. Each photographer can submit up to five photographs.
2. Photographs can be color or black and white.
3. Only digital images can be submitted via email.
4. Image dimension: not less than 2000 pixels and not more than 3000 pixels on the longer side.
5. File size: no image should exceed 5Mb.
6. Format: only JPG file format will be accepted.
7. File name should include photographer’s name, phone number and serial number. For example: “Firstname_Lastname_0178356XXXX_A.jpg”
8. It is highly recommended that images contain information such as caption/description, title, photographer’s name, and email address within the metadata of the digital image.
9. Zipped images should be submitted through email to Celebratingflowers2018@gmail.com. by December 01, 2018
10. Overt manipulation, with removal and/or addition of elements, is not acceptable. Basic post-processing is encouraged for this contest.
11. Montage, collage, special effects will not be accepted.
Photographer Syed Latif Hossain, Hasan Saifuddin Chandan, and representative from DCCI will be the jurors for this contest.
Photographers will have the copyright to their images. USAID and DCCI will have the right to use these images that are selected for the exhibition, in their publications both in electronic and print media with due credit to the respective photographer.
1st prize: BDT25,000
2nd prize: BDT15,000
3rd prize: BDT10,000
Terms and conditions:
1. Receipt of the submissions can not be acknowledged.
2. Only the selected photographers will be notified.
3. Judges’ decision will be final and binding about selection and exhibiting the photographs and selection of winners.