BUET Self Defense Club is proudly presenting ‘Inter University Fighting Competition 2019’, a martial arts tournament for university level students, focusing on Taekwondo. This is the very first time an Inter University martial arts tournament is being held. The purpose of this tournament is to gather the Taekwondo enthusiasts from different universities and show appreciation through a friendly tournament. Through this event, we want to encourage more students to involve themselves in martial arts since it not only improves one’s physical growth but also nourishes the mental growth as well, assisting the students into dealing with all sorts of life obstacles in a calm and efficient manner.
Possible Date: Friday, May 03, 2019 at 8 a.m. onwards
Place: BUET Gymnasium, Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology, Dhaka -1000.
Participant: Current students from any University from any level / term can participate. The participant must represent a university. Both male and female students can participate.
Rules for Competition:
• Fights will be held based on weight category.
• Weight category will start from 45 kg and will be divided at an increment of 5 kg for both Male and Female participants.
• There will be referees and judges who will examine each fight.
• Each fight will have 3 rounds with a break between two rounds.
• Duration of each round will be 1 minute.
• There will be a series of fights in each category and the winner and the runner up from each category will be awarded.
• The winner and the runner up from each category will be awarded a certificate of appreciation and a medal.
• Every student will be given a BUET authorized certificate of participation.
Instruction for Participation:
• Registration details will be announced after 26th April.
• The student must bring the ID card of his/her university on the day of competition.
• Taekwondo dress is mandatory, participants must have to bring that.
• Participants must bring the necessary equipments (like teeth guards, gloves, guards etc.) needed for a fight and the rest will be supplied.
• Breakfast and lunch will be served on the day of competition.
For any kind of assistance, contact-
Tanvir Ahmed Masum @ 01926661915
Payel Biswas @ 01687737393
Ivee @ 01717443430